Wednesday, October 19, 2011

the elements, and us.

I've posted a lot about man made versus natural environments here-- both how I personally interact with them, and how I observe others in those spaces. Today I want to highlight the places in which natural and synthetic materials appear in the same place to form a unique meeting point.

Whether it be grass growing in a crack on the sidewalk, rust forming on the roof of a car, or the fading of old signs on the side of the road, strong pieces of construction all show some sign of the elements over time.

I think there is something quite beautiful to be found in these spaces, where stories of the past come to life before your eyes. While history is revealing itself, the battle of nature and concrete begins it's own chapter, and I am just happy to catch a glimpse.






1 comment:

  1. i guess it's not quite the same thing, but this post made me think of these photos i saw of some old nuclear reactor (or something?) being demolished. i thought it was cool that people went out to watch in the middle of the night. hope the link works:

    http://boredwicked.tumblr.com/post/307047453

    ReplyDelete