Monday, June 6, 2011

fewer words.

I've been shooting a lot, but I can't get my head screwed on straight enough right now to express myself in words.
I've been taking in a lot of amazing art, and I think I just need some more time for reflection before I even attempt to explain anything.

The Canaletto exhibit at the National Gallery of Art blew me away, and I am so excited that I saw Venice captured in it's true essence of mystery, romance, contrast, and light unlike anywhere else in the world.

I also had the privilege of going to the Barnes Collection, in Lower Merion, a suburb of Philly, which was unlike any experience I have ever had, and probably will ever have with art. Seeing the way Albert Barnes grouped and displayed his masterpieces was so fascinating, and truly is a work of creation and artistic expression itself.
The collection is composed of countless masterpieces by Renoir, Cezanne, Matisse, Seurat, and Picasso, to name a few. I was most impressed with seeing Van Gogh's 'Postman' Seurat's 'Models,' and Monet's 'Le Bateau-atelier' in person.
I encourage everyone to go see it the way it was intended to be viewed, before the city of Philadelphia moves it downtown at the end of this year. (There is also a movie on the collection as well as the controversy that I highly recommend, called, 'The Art of the Steal').

I'll have another post up this week with more substance, but for now I'll share these pictures primarily from my trip to Philly and the surrounding areas.
















No comments:

Post a Comment